If your business is online and also requires the internet to generate sales leads then an online marketing strategy should be in place. A well-structured and researched online strategy will ultimately increase brand awareness and relevant website traffic, which in turn will lead to actual business leads.
At KW Digital we pride ourselves in providing our clients with our knowledge and technical knowhow to deliver successful online marketing strategies. We have developed the following tips to guide you through creating an internet marketing strategy for your business.
Online Competitor Research
It is not just important to understand and know your local competitors, you need to study and establish your online competitors. These may be national or even global competitors.
Establish their strengths and weaknesses. How are they working differently to you? Is this something that you can adapt in your online business strategy?
Understanding your Online Customer
It is important to understand your online customer. Promoting your business online could open new doors of opportunities. This might not be something you want to do necessarily, but understanding your customers will generate your strategy demographics.
Whether you are a new business with no current online presence or an existing company looking to relaunch their online presence, you need to ensure you have the suitable website that will support your online success. Some things to consider for your online strategy:
- Does your website enable you to upload new content regularly via a news/blog section?
- Does your website let you change the meta data (this is needed for successful on page optimisation)?
- Can you access analytics, needed to track website traffic and analysis campaigns?
Ensure you brand image is consistent across all online channels
Having a consistent brand image and messaging is important for any successful online business and campaign. You will need to ensure that your strategy is reaching your target customer demographic. Areas for consideration that should be included in your internet strategy are:
- Ensure your company name, marketing strapline, logo is suitable for use online for your chosen target market. Something that works on paper may not be suitable for use online.
- Create social media accounts and ensure that someone in the business is posting interesting material every day to an agreed social media strategy. This will attract followers, traffic to your website and increase your Google ranking.
Paid Online Advertising
There is far too much include within this blog about paid online advertising, and there are many different options and strategies – you can read more in our article here. However that said, this is definitely something that should be considered when writing your online strategy and if you were to outsource anything, this is an area where expert advice should be considered.
Techniques of internet marketing
Once you have worked through the above, you should consider the following techniques that you are going to use to execute your business internet marketing strategy.
- Content marketing to a pre-planned content strategy. Consider who in the business will create regular content? Do you need third party support to create this? Having regular content helps your website to show up on the first pages of an Internet search. Google has created a way to list top quality articles first.
- Optimisation of the website – ensuring the company website is optimised for the correct keywords
- Email Marketing – ensure you collect all customer and web visitors’ details. Regular email communication will ensure you build your brand messaging and exposure.
Evaluation of internet marketing
Set up tracking capabilities for all of your campaigns. The easiest way to do this is to set up a Google Analytics account through your main Google account. Create a campaign for each promotion / exercise of your strategy so that you can look back later and see which ones had the best return on investment (ROI).
Ensure you evaluate your ROI and repeat any strategies that were successful, if and when you launch new products.
If you have any questions on any of the above points, or you think that your company would benefit from advice from an online marketing expert, please call KW Solution’s on Tel: +44 (0) 1704 898951 or firstname.lastname@example.org , we would be more than happy to chat through how we work in more detail.