Social media is more relevant than ever. It is part of our everyday lives and is quite literally available in the palm of our hands! Social media marketing is a common practise used in both B2B and B2C businesses. And, if done well, it can help to create those all-important business leads and sales. In this blog, we will answer the popular question, ‘what is digital marketing?’, and demonstrate to you use social media to boost your digital marketing strategy.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the way in which businesses communicate with their current and potential consumers through digital methods. These can include, but are certainly not limited to; emails, social media platforms and website adverts. With rising numbers of the population accessing the internet over a range of devices; including laptops, mobiles and tablets – it is more important than ever to take advantage of this ever-growing trend!
Why is social media marketing effective?
You may be wondering: ‘why is social media marketing effective?’. Social media marketing lies within the umbrella of digital marketing. It is the technique of interacting with your target market through a range of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. But the list doesn’t end there! There are a plethora of social media channels being used by millions across the world, with new networks being added all the time.
It is a fantastic way to not only send out marketing communications and drive company messaging, but it also allows you to have real time conversations with your audience. In some respects, it can make your business more approachable and accessible to consumers.
Social media marketing tips
Here we have devised some social media marketing tips that we think are important to implement for effective social media application;
• Be consistent – Ensure that you produce content that is consistent, both in terms of message and frequency. It is no good having great online presence for a week to then become non-existent over the next two months. This ensures stronger relationships can be built over time.
• Identify the right networks – Make sure you research your target audience and understand what social media platforms work well for your type of business. Once you know this, you can tailor your message style to suit and post content at times that are optimal for engagement.
• Plan – Fail to prepare and you are preparing to fail! A plan sets out what you hope to achieve through your chosen channels and lets you keep track of targets.
• Quality – For high quality content you need to ensure it is relevant, useful and entertaining. There is no merit publishing consistently if the messages you are delivering have no relevance to the audience that you are addressing them to.
• Use social media management tools – These tools make it easier to upload and manage content streams, some even offer analytical tools to measure and track engagement.
• Use images – Images receive the highest engagement across social media channels. Whether it’s a like, share or retweet, images are a great way to attract the attention of an audience. Images can include photos, stock images or infographics.
At KW Digital, we truly understand digital marketing and can tailor a strategy in line with your company’s aims and objectives. We will align your digital marketing strategy with your bigger business goals in order to help you achieve return on investment. If you would like to consider digital marketing for your business, give one of our experts a call today on 01704 898951 or simply drop us an email at email@example.com.